Sunday, April 06, 2008

Thoughts.

The weather's getting hotter by the day. Even at night, you could feel the difference in temperature compared to a few weeks back. Thankfully for something called the air-conditioner. Available at almost every building. Summer's approaching, which means the holidays are nearing too. Which will mean a ticket back to 'Sin-gha'-fu-rah'. One of the questions in my mind would be how has everything changed. What of the family, friends, the cat, the neighbourhood, the public in general, the rockclimbing scene, the chill-out areas.. Three months of holiday will pass by in a flash, so I had better plan to make the most out of it.

On a different note
, had been given the opportunity to teach English as a second language here. There's no money in it but the experience would be priceless. I have always wanted to teach. Had to jump at the opportunity when it was proposed to me. My English is not so 'powderful', however, teaching basics would do just fine for now. It has been 2 days of classes now with students ranging between the age of 18 to early 20s and I've enjoyed it so far. More importantly, I hope that my students would be able to gain from my teaching methods and improve as time goes by. Hope that the motivation and the positivity of it stays. Maybe it is due to the small, 15-seater classroom setting and the energy from the students. And it is also easier to teach when the students are motivated to learn. Alhamdulillah for this opportunity.

No comments: