9. Verily, this Qur'an guides to that which is most just and right and gives glad tidings to the believers (in the Oneness of Allah and His Messenger Muhammad (sallallaahu'alaihi wasallam), who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a great reward (Paradise).
10. And that those who believe not in the Hereafter, for them We have prepared a painful torment (Hell).
11. And man invokes (Allah) for evil as he invokes (Allah) for good and man is ever hasty. [i.e. if he is angry with somebody, he invokes (saying): "O Allah! Curse him," and that one should not do, but one should be patient].
12. And We have appointed the night and the day as two 'Ayaat' (signs etc.). Then, We have obliterated the sign of the night (with darkness) while We have made the sign of the day illuminating, that you may seek bounty from your Lord, and that you may know the number of the years and the reckoning. And We have explained everything (in detail) with full explanation.
13. And We have fastened every man's deeds to his neck, and on the Day of Resurrection, We shall bring out for him a Book which he will find wide open.
14. (It will be said to him): "Read your Book. You yourself are sufficient as a reckoner against you this Day."
15. Whoever goes right, then he goes right only for the benefit of his own self. And whoever goes astray, then he goes astray to his own loss. No one laden with burdens can bear another's burden. And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).
16. And when We decide to destroy a town (population), We (first) send a definite order (to obey Allah and be righteous) to those among them [or We (first) increase in number those of its population] who lead a life of luxury. Then, they transgress therein, and thus the word (of torment) is justified against it (them). Then We destroy it with complete destruction.
17. And how many generations have We destroyed after Nuuh (Noah)! And Sufficient is your Lord as an All-Knower and All-Beholder of the sins of His slaves.
18. Whoever desires the quick-passing (transitory enjoyment of this world), We readily grant him what We have appointed for him Hell; he will burn therein disgraced and rejected (far away from Allah's Mercy).
19. And whoever desires the Hereafter and strives for it, with the necessary effort due for it (i.e. does righteous deeds of Allah's obedience) while he is a believer (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism) - then such are the ones whose striving shall be appreciated, (thanked and rewarded by Allah).
20. On each - these as well as those- We bestow from the bounties of your Lord. And the bounties of your Lord can never be forbidden.
21. See how We prefer one above another (in this world), and verily, the Hereafter will be greater in degrees and greater in preferment.