Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Anonymous no more.

Alhamdulillaah, it's been about six years now since I started using blogger and will continue to do so insha Allah. But from now on, I will do so openly as I've realized that there's no reason why I should remain anonymous.

A little something about myself. Hmm, I was born, just like everyone else... Ridhuan is my given name. My mother told me that it was upon the suggestion of my late grandfather. (may Allah forgive him, bless him and grant him Jannah) I went to Ghim Moh Primary School, then Gan Eng Seng School then Singapore Polytechnic. After graduating, I had a motorcycle accident and while recovering from a ruptured Achilles tendon for around 6 months, alhamdulillaah, Allah guided me to have a strong desire to re-learn Islam following up on a past "wake-up call". One of the paths that I took to seek the truth and get answers was by joining a basic Islamic course at Pergas. Alhamdulillaah, I was able to continue attending the course when I was called up for NS (Police) later as I had lots of free-time being deployed to desk-bound duties.

From there, one thing led to another and I decided to learn more about the Arabic Language. Initially, I was considering Syria as a platform but that didn't materialize. However Allah has better plans for me and in early 2007, I was accepted to learn the Arabic Language at the Institute of Arabic Language for Non-Native Speakers at Umm Al-Qura University of Makkah Al-Mukarramah. Currently, I'm pursuing a degree in Education (Arabic Language) at the university.

Anyway, if someone have been following this blog, the person would notice that there's not much of my personal write-ups or views. Most of the times I would post something that I've read or watched on YouTube that have impacted me and I'd post it here to keep an archive so that I could revert to it again next time and also hopefully to spread the message or knowledge to others who may come upon this blog by chance.

Writing is something that I would like to explore insha Allah. I'm not that talented in that field though and it will take me loads of time to write about something. Maybe in the future, I'd also be exploring more into the field of photography which is one of my hobbies and alhamdulillaah, someone bought me a DSLR as a gift recently. So maybe there will be posts of the pics that I've taken in the future.

Oh, why the pseudonym, 'redtide'? Hm, I was just a normal kid being a die-hard fan of Liverpool FC. Hurhur..

That's about it for now. Stay safe. May Allah Almighty grant us the blessings to always be in the best of state health and imaan.

No comments: